GRAND PRIZE INCLUDES:
Home Depot Gift Card - total value $5,000.00 CDN
SECONDARY PRIZE INCLUDES:
Blue Galanz 3.1 Cu. Ft. Freestanding Top Freezer Retro Bar Fridge and one $100.00 CDN LCBO gift card (3 secondary prizes will be awarded!)
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. CONTEST SPONSOR: The “ICEBERG VODKA”, BACKYARD BONANZA CONTEST (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Canadian Iceberg Vodka Corporation (the “Contest Sponsor”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: To enter and to be eligible to win, the entrant must be a legal resident of Ontario and nineteen (19) years of age or older. Employees, officers, directors and shareholders of the Contest Sponsor and its parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, departments or agencies, franchisees, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, contest administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials, and members of their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether or not related) (collectively, the “Promotion Parties”) are not eligible to enter or win. By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules (the “Contest Rules”). Entrants who do not comply with any of the Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by the Contest Sponsor, in the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion.
3. CONTEST DATES AND TIMES: The Contest starts on Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 10:00am Eastern Daylight time (“EDT”) and closes on Saturday, June 19, 2021 at 10:00pm EDT (the “Contest Period”). As further described below, there is one (1) grand prize to be won and three (3) secondary prizes to be won. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Subject to the eligibility criteria above, you can enter the Contest during the Contest Period by visiting iceberg.ca/contests and completing the entry form. Entries must contain all required information. Incomplete, illegible or late entries will be void. There is a limit of one (1) entry per e-mail address during the Contest Period. Entries in excess of limit will be void.
5. PRIZE DESCRIPTION: There is one (1) grand prize and three (3) secondary prizes available to be won by the eligible Selected Entrants (defined below). The Grand Prize consists of Home Depot Gift Card(s), total value $5,000.00 CDN (the “Grand Prize”). The three (3) secondary prizes consist of one (1) Blue Galanz 3.1 Cu. Ft. Freestanding Top Freezer Retro Bar Fridge and one (1) $100.00 CDN LCBO gift card (a “Secondary Prize”). The total approximate retail value of each Secondary Prize is four hundred dollars ($400.00) CDN. Prizes will be awarded “as is” and the winner acknowledges that the Promotion Parties have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prizes or regarding the use, value or enjoyment of a Prize. Winner is solely responsible for all taxes, inspection fees and service fees or costs required for use of a prize. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value if the Prize or any part thereof is unavailable at the time of award. When required by law, the Contest Sponsor will report the name of the winners and the value of the prizes to the appropriate taxing authorities.
6. DRAW; ODDS; WINNER NOTIFICATION: On or around Thursday, June 24th, 2021 at approximately 10:00am EDT, Contest Sponsor will conduct a random draw from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period (the “Draw”). The first entry drawn will be eligible to win the Grand Prize and the next three entries drawn will be eligible to win one of the 3 Secondary Prizes (the “Selected Entrants”). The odds of winning a Prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
Before being declared a winner, a Selected Entrant will be required to: (i) correctly answer the Skill-Testing Question (as defined below); (ii) sign and return the Contest Sponsor’s Declaration and Release form in the prescribed time and manner (the “Release”); and (iii) comply with all other Contest Rules. A Selected Entrant will be disqualified and will not receive the Prize if the Selected Entrant does not meet the eligibility criteria.
Each Selected Entrant will be contacted at the email address used to enter the Contest and will be required to answer the Skill-Testing Question. Up to three attempts will be made to contact a Selected Entrant. If the Selected Entrant correctly answers the Skill-Testing Question, the Selected Entrant will be sent, by email to the address used to enter the Contest, the Release. Each Selected Entrant has five (5) business days to fully complete and sign the Release and return the completed and signed Release to the Contest Sponsor.
If a Selected Entrant: (i) is not contacted following three attempts by the Contest Sponsor; (ii) fails to answer the Skill-Testing Question correctly, (iii) does not or cannot accept a Prize, (iv) fails to return a fully completed and signed Release to the Contest Sponsor within five (5) business days of being sent the Release, or (v) has breached or has not complied with the Contest Rules, such Selected Entrant will not be awarded a Prize, which is forever forfeited. In such event, a new Selected Entrant may be selected by random draw to replace the Selected Entrant that has forfeited the Prize, in the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion (for example, if the first Selected Entrant forfeits a Prize as described above, a new Selected Entrant would need to be drawn from remaining eligible entries in order to award the Grand Prize). The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Selected Entrant to receive notification or for the Contest Sponsor to receive a Selected Entrant’s response and/or the Release.
7. SKILL-TESTING QUESTION: Each Selected Entrant will be required, as a condition of winning a Prize, to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, the Contest Sponsor’s time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question (the “Skill-Testing Question”) to be administered over the phone.
8. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: By entering this Contest, each entrant explicitly agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (the “Releasees”) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of the Prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of entries by the Contest Sponsor, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third-party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Releasees control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by the Prize Winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of prizes as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Releasees against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Releasees may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by entrants with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance, exercise, use and/or misuse by an entrant of a prize, and the use of entries by the Contest Sponsor.
By participating in the Contest, all entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and Regulations. Contest administration and winner verification will be supervised by the Contest Sponsor, whose decisions are final. Entrants waive the right to contest any decision by the Contest Sponsor concerning any aspect of the Contest, the interpretation of the Official Rules and Regulations or the determination of qualification of entries.
The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information that may affect a person’s ability or eligibility to participate in the Contest or be awarded the Prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries that fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Releases; (iv) injury or damage to entrants’ computers or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting the Prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of the Prize, including any related travel and the use of entries by the Contest Sponsor; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third-party computer hackers or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The Prize Winner is not entitled to any difference between the actual retail value of the Prize, or any component thereof, and the approximate retail value outlined herein.
No correspondence will be permitted prior to the Draw except with entrants requesting the Contest Rules by mail to 23 Lesmill Rd. Suite 401 North York, ON M3B 3P6 (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included).
The Contest Sponsor reserves its right to modify the Contest Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsor reserves its right to, in its sole discretion, disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Contest Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsor reserves its right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law.
10. LAW: The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the province of Ontario, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest Rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Contest Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Toronto in the Province of Ontario.
12. RULE AMENDMENTS: The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Contest Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest and select a winner from previously received eligible entries, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in their sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control.
13. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, tradenames, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsors and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.